Saturday, October 01, 2005

Teddy Bear Picnic

Sandwiches with friends...
Today our playgroup had a picnic at the local park with special teddy bear/stuffed animal friends. Andrew of course took White Doggie. The children had lunch on blankets as parents looked on and chatted. It was a great time and the weather could not have been more perfect. Clear, blue sunny skies with temperatures in the low 70s. Ahhhhhh, fall is coming indeed. They played a game of Hot Potato and passed a little brown teddy bear. It was fun watching 2, 3 and 4 year olds trying to figure out you had to pass the bear NOT hold on to it. Ha! What a hoot. As the children were weeded out by who had the bear when the music stopped, they each got a teddy bear sticker. It was adorable. Don has some video. I'll have him capture some still images and update later with pics.

Homecoming...
Randy (my brother) arrived safely to spend the night with mom and dad last night. I'm so happy they had some time together just to visit without the distraction of grandkids. I'm sure its been a LONG time since those 3 had some alone time. Randy said that mom looks good, but she could really use a hair dresser. I think she was ready to swat him for that one! She said she got it washed and dried yesterday... which was like climbing a mountain for her. Dad was making spaghetti for dinner. Oh how I wish I could take my old seat at the table with my family. I wonder if mom would still make me sit until I finished my plate.


Sweet messages about HOT stuff...
I got a dear email today from MG's grandmom. She, with MG's help typing, asked for my hot wing sauce recipe. I obliged of course. It was a first... email from my sweet Gracie bug. What a wonderful surprise! I learned that her dad's whole family is together at her aunt's for the weekend. That doesn't happen too often as her uncle lives in Spain. What a sweet treat for them. I can just hear the happiness in the email and it makes me so glad. Mary Grace's dad, aunt and uncle are more like old friends than siblings when they get together and it makes for a special time at ever gathering.

No comments: