Sunday, October 16, 2005

Busy couple of days

Tag sale...
Whew, I'm beat. We've had a busy couple days around here. Saturday especially. I joined in with about 15 other moms from our playgroup for a combined yard sale on Saturday. We were there setting up before daylight and finished up by 2pm. As usual, despite advertising a start time of 8am, folks showed up before the boxes were unpacked and tables set up to see what we had to offer. It was quite successful, netting over $1000 in sales. Each mom contributed part of their monies to the group to fund an upcoming Christmas event. We are all very much looking forward to that!

The best part?... the exchange of clothing between moms. Several of the gals have toddler girls and a few of us have baby girls. We were jumping on the opportunity to get some deals. I had a good time ribbing one of the new moms in the group who I just love, K., about wanting what each other had. We did actually exchange one outfit. Haha! She found something I'd missed after going through boxes several times and I just adored it. So she said, "let me go through what you picked out and take something, then you can have this one." It was like black Friday! We were laughing and having a great time. Love my mommy friends!

Grown up time...
Don and I had a date last night! My good friend H. watched both Abi and Andrew while we celebrated our 4th anniversary. We dropped them off at 6pm then headed for our dinner reservation at Romano's Macaroni Grill. Oh it was divine spending time with my husband without distraction. We had a very slooooooow dinner, enjoying an appetizer, salad and bread... even drinks and dessert! It was so nice to be served and waited on by someone instead of going to a fast-tracked buffet with kids. We lingered over each course as long as we could. The waitress came back twice before I'd even looked at the entrees. Every bit was delicious, especially the time we shared with each other.

We really need to do that more often. It was hard leaving the kids, especially with Abi not even being 3 months yet, but so good for us. And H.'s 2 girls really enjoyed our kiddos. We hope to pay them back in November, as they celebrate their anniversary, by keeping their girls.

Maaaahh!...
Mary Grace called this morning, excited to tell me about what she has coming up tomorrow. She joined 4-H last school year and has really enjoyed the projects. She recently moved up from the Discovery level to Homesteader. The Homesteaders are going tomorrow to milk a goat. She was SO excited. And they plan to make goat's milk soap from their collection. I can't wait to hear how it goes. I'm sure she'll get a case of the giggles, knowing her. How fun!

No comments: