Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sling baby

I can't believe it but...
My mom is just going to have a fit when she sees this. But I... the one who always said I never understood the whole Attached Parenting movement,... have a child who LOVES to be attached. During awake times, Abi is very independent. But when she's sleeping during the day, she needs motion. What a challenge. After several weeks of frustration I asked a friend, who is as crunchy a friend as I've ever had and very AP minded, to make me one of her pouch slings to try with Abi. Well. This child loves it. And, I have to admit... I love it too.

She sleeps great in the bassinet at night... up to 8 hours even a couple times. But during the day she needs that motion to keep her slumbering. I thought I'd be able to get her to sleep while we're out and have her snooze in the stroller. Nada. If I put her in her carrier, she wakes up within 5 minutes. Its SO frustrating. But I'm thankful for this solution. Although my mom is surely going to say, "put that baby down!" Hahahaha!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ya know, my mother-in-law always told me I was gonna spoil my daughter because she was "in arms" all the time. She thought she would walk late and always want to be held, basically just be spoiled and clingy. Now, at 13 1/2 months my baby has been walking for 3 1/2 to 4 months and always wants to be down. She is very cuddly and lovey when she wants to be but she is also very independent. I think being close to mommy in those first months gives them a sense of security that turns into a healthy independence as they get older. You just cuddle and snuggle her as much as you and she want! I think she will be all the better for it.