Thursday, September 29, 2005

Unexpected happies

Yesterday was such a challenging day for me. A dear friend even noticed that I was not myself and twice asked, "are you ok?" I guess she didn't believe my "yes" reply the first time. Good reason, I was really struggling. I just HATE when one of my children is feeling poorly and I can't make it better. Well today is going much better so far. I have Abi in the sling with me now... just can't bear to put her down after the day we had.

First unexpected happy...
While she was napping earlier, I grabbed a cup of coffee and popped in a picture CD from my baby shower with Abi back in early July. I had not had a chance to check out the photos that my friend Tammy made. I was paging through, looking at the ladies from church and myself opening gifts and found this...

I had warm happy tears to see my sweet MG. That is a moment we've shared many times when people comment on just how much she looks like me. She loves to show them our little turned up noses, side to side. It is my most favorite picture ever now. I think my heart grew.

Second unexpected happy...
When I walked down the block to pick up Andrew from preschool, I was the last parent in the line so I got to talk to his teacher for a good while. I had wondered how it was going as he is the youngest in the "3 Year Old" class... since he will not turn 3 until next month. She said he was getting along fabulously! And that he is age approriate for everything they are doing and his skill level had matched or exceeded each activity so far. That was such great news! She also said his behavior has been near perfect and she LOVES his enthusiam when he wants to tell her something. Weeee! What a good boy he is! Then when we got home, I unpacked his backpack and found this...

Last week they made apple prints by stamping slices of fresh apples into paint. How fun... and how beautiful! I think we'll frame it and put it in his room!

No comments: