Friday, September 23, 2005

Like snow

Not the news we were hoping for...
Mom's cancer has spread. They did the hysterectomy and removed as much non essential tissue that they could but the interior of mom's abdomen is covered with the cancer cells that were floating in the fluid. It looks like snow. The doctor said its hard to say but it looks as though the cancer probably started 3-6 months ago. So fast... so very very fast. No official prognosis as of yet, but the doctor did tell dad that generally speaking, at this stage patients generally live about 2 years at best. The chance of her making it 5 years is only about 4-5%. And it all depends really on how she reponds to the chemo. Mom is still in recovery so I've not spoken to her yet.

Dad is sounding pretty weary. I am pretty weary too. And just plain sick at my stomach. I hate this so much. Hate is not even a strong enough word. Abhorrance approaches what Im feeling.Thankfully I was at the mall with girlfriends when I got the call. If I'd been alone, it would have been so much harder. God has blessed me with a wonderful support group, and most importantly all of you. Thanks so much for being here for me, girls.

No comments: