Monday, February 20, 2006

One less iron in the fire

Things have been so busy for me lately. I felt stressed asking Don to watch the kids too often in the evenings and I don't' like to be away from the family more than once every week or so. So I made a change tonight and though I'm glad I did it, I feel a bit guilty about it. But I think I'll get over that part of it pretty quickly.

I resigned as the chairperson of our church's hospitality committee... actually resigned from the committee altogether. I guess I was just burned out with it... I've been doing it for 2 years and we always do the same events over and over each year. I had been getting slower and slower with getting meeting minutes done, and not making arrangements until the last minute. My heart just was not in it. I decided its not fair to the other members of the committee or to the church for me to be so blah about it. Plus I barely make Sunday morning services right now because Abi has a long morning nap and we stay home while Don and Andrew go to church. So I resigned.

So that's one thing I can mark off my list. But that one thing marks off about 3 days away from the house in the evening or weekend days per month. What a relief. I think this one simple change is going to de-stress me a great deal. It was just looming in the back of my mind all of the time and I felt frustrated by all the little details of it.

Sometimes its SO VERY HARD for me to make these decisions, but I already feel a HUGE weight lifted off of me. As my best friend E says, SIMPLIFY!

No comments: