Monday, March 17, 2008

Ballerina


Ballerina
Originally uploaded by wenjomatic.

This dress has put in some time! I wish I had a picture of MG wearing it, but I don't. :( She used to flit around the house it it too. I've cleaned pudding and applesauce off the front and skirt several times. Still the old thing has held up pretty well.

I passed it on to Abi this weekend. She loves it and has worn it almost constantly since we've been home with a sick Andrew all weekend. She is a vision in it, just as her older sis was for so long.

It was my first ballet recital costume. Its a bit of a mixed bag... yellow satin and pom-poms, gold sequins and leopard printed velour. Egads! I wore it in two dances during the recital. I was some sort of cat... I can just barely remember. But it surely was fun!

Ballerina Wen

This portrait was taken in the wings of the stage at the recital... about 30 years ago. I was probably 7 or 8 years old. In the old Central High School East auditorium.

I wonder how many times I performed on that stage between ballet performances, band competitions and choir competitions.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh, so heart-warming..

Anonymous said...

Wow, this sure brings back memorys. It seems only yesterday that you were all dressed up for your "big day". Love Ya', dad