Sunday, August 05, 2007

Regia and Pumpkins


Regia and Pumpkins
Originally uploaded by wenjomatic.

I'm all done with my consolation socks, after loosing a zipper bag containing my Peaks and Valleys socks between a playdate and home (don't ask... maybe they fell out of my purse?).

I cast on these Regia sport weight 6fadig Crazy Color #5264 Lettuce in a simple 56 stitch, double ribbed socks just 2 weeks ago. I wasn't so sure when I started how I'd like the sport weight sock, but they are so yummy and delicious and promise to keep my tootsies warm around the house when the cold sets in in the late fall. Hopefully I'll be wearing them when these pumpkins are ready to pick and decorate my front porch in October.

Andrew's fall pumpkin, which he decided not to carve, from last year gave us a back garden nook full of vines and the bees are super busy pollenating the blooms. COME ON GUYS... grow us some lucious pumpkins!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear that your other socks went missing! How terrible!!

Well, these look awesome - keep up the good sock making!!

KnitTurtle said...

Wooo Hooo!! Do we love us some finished socks!! I love how you took the photo, with the vines. Super cool!