Sunday, August 12, 2007

Monkey Cracked Canyon


Monkey Cracked Canyon
Originally uploaded by wenjomatic.

Socks That Rock got 7 votes, and Cracked Canyon got 4 votes specifically... plus it is Andrew's fave.

So Cracked Canyon it is... I cast on (size 2 dpns) the Monkey sock by Cookie from knitty.com. I've been eyeing it up for a long while and decided to give it a go. I'm 2 repeats of the lace detail into the leg and LOVING IT. Here is the WIP resting atop my hand wound center pull cake. This lace pattern that seemed very intimidating is WAY easier that I'd guessed, and I'm very pleased at how its knitting up in this autumn colored yarn.

I originally started this sock on size 0s Friday evening while watching The Weatherman with Nicholas Cage (most depressing movie I've ever seen, don't bother). On Saturday some of my SnB girlfriends and I spent the day at the Mannings in East Berlin, PA... the closest thing to a yarn mecca I've ever seen.

We sat out in the cool breeze, with the heat wave FINALLY breaking, under the pines and knit, seriously, all day long. With fun conversations, yummy snacks and serious yarn shopping at hand it was simply a slice of heaven. I knit on this sock, along with Abi's hoodie, through the day, only to find out that the darn thing was too small. So a frogging I went and ripped it all out this morning with the kids in my lap and coffee in hand. I bumped up to size 2 dpns (just what the pattern called for... yeah, smack me on the head) and its been smooth sailing all day. The stitches are much easier to get into on 2s, so its moving super fast now. And I'm loving it!!

September IS around the corner... they will be done just in time for hayrides and pumpkin patches. Ahhh, I can already smell the season coming.

1 comment:

KnitTurtle said...

They look awesome! Hmm...the pattern was right about the needle size? Shocking! ;)

Fall really is right around the corner. YAY!

And the Mannings was sooo much fun! We're going next year too, right???