Friday, September 12, 2008

Andrew Is Just SO Happy!


great day
Originally uploaded by wenjomatic.
I am amazed at how MUCH Andrew loves school. I knew he'd enjoy the friends and activities but he is really digging into the learning too. His teacher just has that special something that gets him fired up about the work.

They always journal first thing in the morning and she was telling me last night (back to school night) that he almost trips over furniture and other children trying to get in the door and hang up his backpack so he can grab his journal and get started. I am amazed at how much his writing is coming along in just a couple weeks of school.

He sprints down the sidewalk every day to get into the house and do a project that has been on his mind all day, based on something from school. I thought he'd just be ready to play, but he wants to paint something they did at school, or try writing a word from a book. It's crazy. I hope this enthusiasm can last. This morning he was watcing Peep on TLC while eating breakfast and he sound out TLC... tilc... "mom, that's not a word!" I explained about abbreviations and The Learning Channel. It's 6:30 son, let me drink my coffee! LOL

He goes to sleep singing about things from his school day. Last night he was singing in the dark about little yellow and little blue hugging so tight they both turned green. I turned off the TV so I could just sit and listen to him. It's infectious! I want to go to kindergarten!

He is so happy... it does my heart good.

2 comments:

JanKnit said...

That's so wonderful! I hope you share this with his teacher. It will make her day, too!!

HPNY KNITS said...

thats great!!!! my son also skips to school. they make school much more fun these days, especially the early grades.