Friday, September 26, 2008

Cloudy Day Harvest


Cloudy Day Harvest
Originally uploaded by wenjomatic.

It's quite gloomy today, but they garden is cheerful. With plans for a nice big veggie dinner, I went out to harvest the broccoli and discovered that other things were ready for me as well.

- red bell pepper
- royalty purple bush beans (first handful)
- red radishes
- broccoli

I love the seasons of the garden. The tomatoes are finally slowing a bit but they are still keeping us in sandwiches and salads. I'm just trying my hand at drying them for the first time (more on that later) as the fall greens begin to steal my attention. I love how things change as the days click by. It won't be long until it's time to pull things out and fill the compost bin.

Meanwhile, my mind is already busy with details of how I'll do some things differently next year. Folia is good for making those notes. There is little free time for me lately with all of the school activities I've volunteered for, but it seems that the garden is patient with me... waiting until I can get in the back yard. Thankfully we're having mild weather right now... not too hot, not too cold. So everything is happy. And so am I.

First Royalty Purple Bean Harvest Fall Radishes Broccoli Bowl

No comments: