Wednesday, May 30, 2007

She's Growing Up


Watching Little Sis
Originally uploaded by wenjomatic.

I often ask myself how I can possibly have three children. I was SO done when Mary Grace was born. I was in my mid-twenties and deep in a career and a social life. Having a baby really threw me for a loop. I knew immediately I didn't want any more.

Fast forward 11 years. My baby girl, precious and perfect, is racing toward adulthood, more than halfway there now. (tears) How can Mary Grace be 11? And how can it be that I have two more children now? I mean really, how can all of this be?

I was just saying to Don that she is becoming more graceful, after a few years of tween clumsiness due to radical growth spurts. She's looking more proportional to me, more and more lady-like.

Of course and I type this, she's upstairs playing with her two younger siblings, laughing hysterically and squealing. There is still a lot of kid left in her... but less that I'm comfortable admitting.

She's growing up. How does that happen?

2 comments:

teejayhansen said...

And she's growing into such a beautiful person, inside and out.

HPNY KNITS said...

so sweet and moving. she is so cute!

my son is almost 5, and i am amazed every day to watch him "mature"...