Friday, December 01, 2006

Appreciation

You know, I am just enjoying my knitting circle so much. Last night as we sat around the tables at Barnes & Noble one of the girls spontaneously spouted out, "I love you guys. Did I say that before?" It was so dear. And I think the majority of us feel the same way.

Sitting around that table are women of all ages, backgrounds, walks of life, stages of womanhood. But we all leave our own little worlds for a few hours each week to come together and share something we love. We appreciate each other for the things we have in common and the things we don't.

I'm fairly certain that if I'd met some of them under different circumstances, we'd not have clicked. Some of us are just that different. But the thing we all hold so valuable, time spent knitting things for those we love, brings us together and builds our friendships. Its just amazing. I'm so thankful to be a part of it.

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

You are lucky to have a group to connect with. Only one of my friends is into knitting, and there are times we will get together and knit and talk. I don't think there is any knitting group (at least that I am aware of) around here...suppose if I really wanted to I could start one LOL.