Friday, March 10, 2006

Ahhhhh.... fresh air!

Its 7:46am and 60 degrees! In Pennsylvania no less! Weeee! Oh, you just gotta love the early signs of spring. I know this day is a gift, and we have more cold before we get real spring, but whew. What a blessing.

I just opened doors and windows up to air the house out. This is one of my favorite days each year. The day we can turn off the heat for a whole day and let the breeze stir. It does a body good! The crocus bulbs are opening up, the daffodils greens are peeping up an inch or two. Ahhhh indeed!

We will definitely be taking a walk to the park today. Andrew will have that outside kid smell by the time daddy comes home from work. Oh, the scrubbing he'll need tonight. I can't wait to sit Abi on a blanket and put a sun hat on her little head.

1 comment:

Robin said...

60? In Dallas, I'd still have the heat on to keep the "chill" out! It was 85 here today. That's even to hot for March in Dallas if you ask me. Glad you are enjoying the weather. I love it when it starts to thaw out! (I know, we never really get frozen here; but a girl can dream right?)