Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Picot Stripey Socks All Done!


Picot Edge Stripey Sock Complete 3
Originally uploaded by wenjomatic.

Stripey sock are all done! I was thinking about them for a gift... but.... hmm. I really like them! The picot edging was fun and I am a big fan of the turned edge construction. I'll definitely repeat it in the future.

I'm a bit concerned about the short-row heel and how its going to hold up in this yarn. It looks great but when they are on, its stretched pretty well.

Pattern from Black Dog Design, Picot Eyelet Socks minus the eyelets.
Yarn: Knitterly Things Vesper Sock Yarn Superwash/Nylon in Afterglo

The dye issue still bothers me a bit. One girlfriend says it looks Iike I knitted white socks then colored them with markers. She's right... the yarn really hasn't taken the dye very well. But I think it makes them interesting... and certainly a conversation piece.

No comments: